About what is a desktop injection molding machine? Topstar has a professional explanation
2021/12/24 By 兰兹
What is the desktop injection molding machine?
Desktop injection molding machine is a mechanical process standard in various production cycles for permanently molding multiple materials, including plastics. Find out on this page what injection molding is, in which fields it is expected, the plastic components and objects manufactured, the mold production, and the precision molding of plastic materials.
What is Molding?
The term “molding” includes the most disparate industrial production processes, the lowest common denominator of which is molds, which are permanent forms necessary to model the product or components to be produced.
More specifically, it is a mechanical process for plastic deformation, hot or cold, which causes the material to fill the cavity between two metal matrices, the mold and the counter-mold.
WHAT IS PRECISION MOLDING?
One type of molding is that of a desktop injection molding machine. The current technological development requires production techniques with an ever-higher degree of precision, through which it is possible to manufacture finished products, components, and micro-components with complex geometry for cars, computers, and other applications.
These components have dimensions of just a few millimeters and have weights of 0.2 g, requiring injection volumes of less than one granule and geometries of less than one millimeter (micro-molding).
HOW DO THESE PLASTIC INJECTION MANUFACTURING TECHNIQUES WORK?
Plastic injection molding consists of five main phases, which we can summarize as follows:
- The pellets are in preparation for injection.
- The material is compulsory through the nozzle of the injection unit and then ends up in the sprue and finally into the cavity of the mold evenly.
- Once the plastic material is excellent and hardened, the mold is open, and the molded part is homeless.
- Finally, the set piece is completed by cutting the sprue and sprue.
A few tricks for a perfect molding process
Although the molding, even with precision, is performed by special machines, there are some factors to take into consideration to obtain a more than-perfect result:
- First, the molten plastic material distributes uniformly in the mold.
- Moreover, the resinous material must be chosen according to the product to be manufactured, considering its chemical-physical and aesthetic characteristics.
- Last – but not least -, the mold must be designed and produced with the utmost precision to prevent errors or smudges that waste time and costs.
Types of molding machines
- CNC machines:
Many kinds of devices and presses can be suitable for molding.
In general, however, we can say that a molding machine is made up of two main parts: a desktop injection molding machine unit that sends the molten material inside the mold and a closing unit that, on the other hand, manages the mold.
The materials common in the desktop injection molding machine
The Thermopolymers are the plastics which is common mainly in injection molding because they possess various competitive advantages:
- They are easily workable
- They have excellent dimensional stability.
- withstand dynamic loads and aging
- They maintain good mechanical properties even above 100 ° C
The most common techno polymers in desktop injection molding machines, including precision ones, are
- Also, PPS,
- Moreover, PC,
- Furthermore, PBT,
- In addition, POM,
- Also, ABS,
- PC / ABS,
Structure or resistance to temperature can be classified into:
- amorphous or semi-crystalline, i.e., transparent or opaque
- standard – common at temperatures below 100 ° C – or technopolymers – usable at temperatures between 100 ° C and 150 ° C
WHEN IS THE PLASTIC MOLDING PROCESS REQUIRED?
Precision, production speed, and relatively low costs are undoubtedly the reasons why, to date, plastic molding is increasingly applied in the most diverse sectors to produce:
- Automotive components and accessories
- Consumer electronics
- Medical and orthodontic supplies
- everyday products
- components for gates and industrial automation
Rapid development in the desktop injection molding machine
The relatively rapid development and the ever-higher precision of the technique have meant that many companies resort to desktop injection molding machines of plastic to produce components – especially electronic ones – with tiny dimensions and complex geometry, difficult to reproduce with other techniques.
desktop injection molding machine Sectors of application
The versatility of plastic polymers and their physical, chemical, and mechanical characteristics allow them to be expected in numerous sectors, so much so that they can also be common to manufacture objects or components we use daily.
The sectors that, more than others, use molding or precision molding are:
- Building and Housing
- Also, electrical, electromechanical, and electronic
- Moreover, household appliance heating
- Furthermore, food and personal care
- In addition, industrial automation
What are the benefits of a desktop injection molding machine?
Plastic injection molding is a highly versatile technique that meets almost any need of companies that manufacture plastic products and components in large volumes and a few dozen pieces.
Here, in brief, are the advantages of the desktop injection molding machine of plastics:
- High productivity and speed – This technique allows obtaining large quantities of plastic parts in a short time, guaranteeing dimensional repeatability
- possibility of getting shapes in disarray and complex geometries, impossible to obtain otherwise
- A very high degree of precision, to which we also resort to the technique of microinjection molding
- reduction of production costs through the automation of the entire injection molding process
desktop injection molding machine support system
In the injection molding support system, four subsystems perform their functions.
• Body: Link the systems of the machine together
• Power system: is the place to provide power for the motor to operate. The design of the machine’s electrical system focuses on operator safety. The electrical system consists of an electrical cabinet and a wiring system.
Desktop injection molding machine Hydraulic system:
Including pump, valve, pipe system, and motor. It is the place to generate resources such as creating force to open and close the mold, maintaining clamping force, making the screw rotate, and developing staff. For the pushpin and the slide of the surface core.
• Cooling system: Provide water or Ethylene glycol solution… to cool the mold and harden the plastic into shape before pushing it out of the mold.
We offer our customers various services ranging from mold design to molding of plastic components. Depending on some characteristics such as, for example, the type of product made, the material of the mold, and the compulsory geometry.
- Topstar electric IMM unveiled in Iran Plast 2023 2021/12/24
- Star Club | Discussing energy-saving and emission-reduction retrofit solutions for factories 2021/12/24
- Open Day | Topstar held the first overseas plastics equipment exhibition in Indonesia 2021/12/24
- Topstar honored the top 7 enterprises in the auxiliary machine industry 2021/12/24
- Air Chillers
- Automation changed engineering
- automation of injection molding robots
- auxiliary machine
- Bench Injection Molding Machine
- Cabinet dryer manufacturers
- Cabinet dryers
- CNC Drilling Machine
- CNC Drilling Machines
- cnc engraving machine manufacturer
- cnc laser cutting machine manufacturer
- CNC Machine Center
- CNC Machine for Sale
- CNC Machine Manufacturing
- CNC Machine Tool
- CNC machine tool product
- CNC Machining Center
- CNC wood carving machine
- Cooling system
- Cross-Walking Single Axis Servo Cylinder Robot
- Cross-Walking Single-Axis Servo Cylinder Robot
- Cross-Walking Three-Axis/Five-Axis Servo Driven Robot
- cross-walking three-axis/five-axis servo-driven robot
- Dehumidifier Dryer
- delta parallel robot
- Desktop Injection Molding Machine
- Desktop injection molding machines
- Desktop Molding Machine
- desktop plastic injection machine
- Desktop Plastic Injection Molding Machine
- direct clamp injection molding machine
- Direct clamp injection molding machines
- Dosing & mixing system
- Drilling Centers
- Drying and dehumidification system
- drying and dehumidifying equipment
- Drying and Dehumidifying System
- drying system
- effective and efficient. Cabinet dryers are also used in other industries where large quantities of material need to be dried
- elbow hydraulic injection molding machines
- Feeding And Conveying System
- Five Axis Machine Center
- Gathering Topstar
- GMU-600 5-Axis Machining Center
- Granulating & Recycling System
- Honeycomb rotor dehumidifier
- horizontal injection molding machine
- Horizontal Injection Molding Machines
- Horizontal Injection Moulding Machine
- Horizontal Mixer manufacturer
- How The CNC Machine Works
- Industrial robot
- industrial robot parts
- industrial robot supplier
- Industrial robots
- Industry Chain
- Injection Manipulator
- Injection molding
- Injection molding automation
- Injection Molding Automation Solution
- injection molding dryer
- Injection molding machine
- Injection Molding Machine Factory
- Injection Molding Machine Manufacture
- Injection molding machine procurement
- injection molding machine with a robot
- Injection molding machines
- injection molding plant
- Injection Molding Robot
- Injection molding robot automation
- Injection Moulding Robots
- Injection Robot
- Injection robot arm
- Injection robot manufacturer
- injection robots
- Introducing Injection Robot
- It is the best choice for drying large quantities of material at once. Cabinetmakers use these machines because they are fast
- large injection molding machine
- Learn what industrial automation and robotics is
- low speed sound-proof granulator
- machine plastic molding
- make sure to add some! Improvements (2) Keyphrase in introduction: Your keyphrase or its synonyms appear in the first paragraph of the copy
- micro injection molding machine
- middle speed granulator
- Mini CNC machine manufacturers.
- Mold Temperature Control System
- molding material Dehumidifying System
- New electric injection molding machine
- nitrogen dryer manufacturer
- nitrogen dryer system manufacturer
- Oil type mold temperature controller
- open day
- Outbound links: No outbound links appear in this page. Add some! Images: No images appear on this page. Add some! Internal links: No internal links appear in this page
- plastic forming equipment
- plastic injection machine
- plastic injection machines
- plastic injection molding
- Plastic injection molding machine
- Plastic Injection Molding Machines
- plastic injection robot
- Plastic Molding machine
- plastic molding press
- plastic-molding machine
- powerful granulator
- Powerful Type Sound-Proof Granulator
- production of plastic seats
- robot injection molding machine
- robot manufacturing companies
- Robotic arm for injection molding machine
- robotic injection molding machines
- robotics in injection molding
- SCARA robot
- Service-oriented manufacturing
- Servo Cylinder Robot
- servo driven robot
- Servo Driven Robots
- servo injection robots
- Servo-Driven Robot
- Setup of injection machine
- Silicone Injection Molding Machine
- six-axis industrial robot
- Stainless Hopper Dryer
- Stainless Hopper Dryers
- star club
- swing arm robot
- toggle clamp injection molding machine
- Topstar Engineering
- Topstar injection molding intelligent
- Topstar Scara Robots
- Useful Injection molding machine
- Vertical machining centers
- volumetric type blender
- water distributor
- Water Type MoldTemperature Controller
- x carve CNC