What is The Working Range of an Industrial Robot Arm?
2022/04/26 By hqt
The number of axes a robot has is also called degrees of freedom. If you have simple tasks like picking up and moving a part from one conveyor to another, a simple industrial robot arm is enough.
However, if your robot has to operate in a small workspace and its arm needs to have a lot of mobility. A robot with 6 or 7 axes will be the best option. It is worth noting that the presence of a robot with more degrees of freedom than necessary for a specific task. It is an advantage that allows it to be repurposed and used in more tasks.
Working range of an industrial robot
When selecting equipment, it is necessary to take into account the maximum distance the robot must reach to complete the tasks. The maximum vertical reach of the industrial robot arm is measured from the lowest point the robot can reach to the maximum height.
The maximum horizontal reach is the distance from the center of the robot’s base to the farthest point the arm can reach horizontally.
Industrial robot: repeatability and accuracy
The ability of a robot to reach the same position every time it performs the same procedure. For example, if your robot is required to create an electronic circuit board. You may need an industrial robot arm with a high degree of repeatability and accuracy. If your task is rather rough, such as palletizing, then it makes no sense to overpay for high accuracy.
As such, there is no single “speed” parameter for robots. Depending on the task, the speed can be linear, angular, expressed in units of repeated actions over a period of time, and similar values.
The mass of the robot is an important factor when designing a robotic cell. If an industrial robot must sit on a special base or on a rail, its weight must be known in order to design an appropriate support. If the industrial robot arm supposes to move weights. Moreover, it is necessary to add to this value the maximum weight of the object move.
Presence of brakes
Basically, each robot manufacturer provides information about the braking system of their robot. Some robots have brakes on all axes, while others do not. To have an accurate and repeatable position in the work area, you need to have enough brakes.
Industrial robot: torque and inertia
For high precision applications, the manufacturer may specify the inertia of certain arm segments. Moreover, if your maneuver requires a certain amount of torque to complete the job correctly, you need to check if the maximum torque applied to the axle is sufficient.
If the limit torque on the axis exceeds, the industrial robot arm will turn off due to overload.
Industrial robot: protection measures
Depending on the working conditions, the equipment must meet certain standards of protection against external influences in terms of such parameters as security and safety.
In the descriptions and technical documentation, the degree of protection indicates by the IP code (International Protection Marking – international protective marking, standards for the protection of housings from the penetration of liquid and solid substances inside).
Different Marking Procedures of Industrial Robot Arm
Moreover, the marking has the form IP-XX, where the first X means protection against foreign objects (from parts of the human body to dust particles – from 1 to 6), the second. Protection against water penetration at different exposure times and pressures (from 1 to 9).
If the robot works with food, laboratory or medical instruments, in flammable or corrosive environments, you will need a device that meets special industry standards.
Industrial robot arm: application cases
Wood construction, BEC and ICD
One of the activities of the Institute for Digital Design and Construction at the University of Stuttgart is robotic production in architecture. Moreover, in collaboration with BEC GmbH, ICD has developed an innovative lightweight wooden pavilion that can only be built with the help of robots.
The build process was as follows:
- Robot 1 installs the base on the biaxial positioner;
- Robot 2 applies glue to a wood panel;
- Similarly, Robot 1 attaches a carrier beam to it;
- Robot 2 nails the beam into place with wooden nails;
- Moreover, industrial robot arm 1 glues the additional panel to the glue applied to the beam by robot 2;
- The cover panel also fixes with nails;
- Once the glue has hardened, the robot places the assembled structure back on the DKP-400;
- Furthermore, Robot 2 precisely mills corner contours and joints;
- Robot 1 mounts the resulting part of the structure.
Multi-Purpose Mobile Robots
TOPSTAR specializes in the production of special machines with different technologies. In its work, the company uses robotic systems, installed on a mobile platform.
The TOPSTAR robotic arm has the highest repeatability and highest precision, and has the ability to work efficiently in confined spaces. During operation, for safety reasons, a light protective fence installs around the industrial robot arm.
Moreover, the tilt and height of the table can adjust to maintain the patient’s hemodynamics and provide the physician or surgeon with optimal access to the operating area. This is of particular advantage in long-term interventions, during which the surgeon must wear a heavy lead apron.
Industrial robot: recommended Equipment
A collaborative robot that, thanks to its modular design, even a schoolboy can assemble. Working with it is as easy as using a smartphone. If desired, the operator can manually move the industrial robot arm to the desired position and let it learn the new movement. This direct learning feature allows even inexperienced operators to get the robot to complete the task.
Moreover, one control unit can control two robots at the same time, which reduces the initial cost. The I/O module and the Ether CAT socket located on the robot body make it easy to connect various peripheral devices such as a gripper, an optical sensor, and others.
Features of industrial robot arm
Features of robot arm model:
- Compact dimensions, suitable for equipping even a small workplace;
- Ease of installation and maintenance;
- Specialized software developed for this series of manipulators – KR c4 compact;
- Wide scope;
- Ease of installation and maintenance;
- Specialized software;
- High speed of work;
- Degree of protection IP 54.
The manipulator equips with a new generation recognition system. This is a compact 6-axis robot that can mount on almost any surface, including ceiling or wall. Moreover, the range of the robot is up to 90 cm, and the load capacity is up to 10 kg, with its own weight – 54 kg.
- Wu Fengli, Chairman of Topstar, won the honorary title of “Outstanding Dongguan Businessman” 2022/04/26
- The “Nobel Prize” in robotics! Topstar won the Capek Industrial Robotics Annual Value Brand Award￼ 2022/04/26
- One minute quick look at Topstar’s semi-annual financial performance report for 2022 2022/04/26
- Star Club – Embrace the trend of high-end equipment localization substitution, and build the Shangdong&Guangdong mold industry ecosystem together￼ 2022/04/26
- Cabinet dryer manufacturers
- cnc engraving machine manufacturer
- cnc laser cutting machine manufacturer
- CNC Machine Tool
- Honeycomb rotor dehumidifier
- Horizontal Mixer manufacturer
- Mini CNC machine manufacturers.
- nitrogen dryer manufacturer
- nitrogen dryer system manufacturer
- Oil type mold temperature controller
- x carve CNC