Injection Molding Machine: 4 Major Features
2021/12/16 By LZ
HOW TO CHOOSE AN INJECTION MOLDING MACHINE?
An injection molding machine is a device designed for injection molding of plastic polymer masses. When organizing production, the most acute problem is the choice of a suitable model. For the last 30-40 years, there have been practically no changes in the design.
All innovations have an association with an increase in the degree of complexity of casting and the introduction of new options for process control. The choice must be there with an emphasis on fundamental criteria.
We can discuss all other device capabilities with technologists, depending on the specifics of the enterprise. We decided to make a qualitative review of all the criteria for choosing injection molding machines with an emphasis on the features of their application for solving a certain number of problems.
BODY ORIENTATION OF THE INJECTION MOLDING MACHINE
Conventionally, we can divide injection molding machine into horizontal and vertical models according to the orientation of the body. These are not only external differences, they vary greatly in functionality:
WHAT ARE THE CLASIFICATIONS OF VERTICAL MODELS?
This category has its own internal classification; each type allows you to solve a certain number of tasks:
- Firstly, the classic vertical injection molding machine (VTPA) is useful for the production of small plastic parts. Due to the high class of accuracy, these are often elements that are integral parts of various systems.
In this case, casting with an embedded steel element is actively useful. It is useful to produce sockets, switches, plugs, pans handles, pot lid handles, etc. The most common starting materials are polyethylene and polyvinyl chloride.
- Secondly, two-plate vertical injection molding machine on a coupled clamping unit. Their design is suitable to create plastic products with internal inclusions from dissimilar materials. This can be reinforcement, electronic components, wiring.
- Thirdly, VTPA with a C-type body. The injection is to carry out in a horizontal manner, and the clamping units have a classic vertical layout. The devices are useful for casting parts assembled into a certain structure by means of snapping. Children’s constructors and school pencil cases are classic examples.
- Fourthly, models with integrated fixed type rotary table. The possibility of manual control of the process allows the manufacture of the smallest parts, up to the limits of the strength capabilities of the materials used.
ADVANTAGES OF THE VERTICAL LAYOUT
Vertical injection molding machine has following advantages.
- Firstly, compact dimensions, allowing saving space by 2-7 times in comparison with horizontal counterparts
- Secondly, convenience of extracting finished products when casting with an embedded element
- Thirdly, rotary tables allow for the production of the smallest parts under the control of the operator with a high degree of technological precision. It makes it possible to obtain products that do not require post-processing
- Fourthly, the simplest installation of the mold, which does not require specialized tools and a high level of skills of the working personnel
- Fifthly, the ability to fully automate the release of a small batch of finished products
HORIZONTAL INJECTION MOLDING MACHINES
We cannot divide this type of injection molding machine into varieties. It has intention for the production of products on an industrial scale without restrictions on the volume of a single circulation.
High endurance allows you to work almost around the clock without interruptions and technological defects.
ADVANTAGES OF HORIZONTAL INJECTION MOLDING MACHINE
- A wide selection within the series from each manufacturer. Flexible configuration according to client’s requirements is possible.
- Logic controllers are often amenable to programming, which allows you to make the most accurate adjustments or edits in codes after testing.
- Relatively high maintainability due to the interchangeability of the most frequently failing units.
- Some models support the function of recycling filled plastics.
- Multi-point mold locking mechanisms to increase the precision of the clamping plate feeding. we can distribute force evenly, without distortions, thinning and burrs.
- The clamping unit is usually fine-tuned to position the slabs with a high degree of accuracy.
- Some models of injection molding machine have a strictly adjusted position of the tile elements with an error of up to 0.01 mm along the entire length of the movement axis.
- Extended mold life due to the absence of critical loads.
- Multi-mode ejection systems for finished products, which allows you to flexibly work with various plastics, regardless of fragility after cooling.
- The speed of opening and closing the mold is extremely low, and we can decrease the time spent on starting and passing the dry cycle.
- You will have an almost unlimited choice of clamping units and injection systems to match. This will avoid work restrictions.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF CORNER MODELS?
There are also some models that combine the functionality of horizontal and vertical types. Basically, these are highly specialized products. Moreover, we create for the production of the same type of product with a number of unique geometric parameters.
Moreover, the press section can be oriented horizontally and vertically. This type of injection molding machine is very rare and is useful for highly specialized projects.
DESKTOP INJECTION MOLDING MACHINES (MINI INJECTION MOLDING MACHINES)
These are small but fully functional devices, most of which are capable of operating even from a 220V 50 Hz household network.
We make them for hobby, laboratory research and small-scale production for the own needs of small businesses. On such injection molding machines it is possible to produce only very small products, such as latches, plugs.
Classification of injection molding machine according to the design and functioning features
Plasticization method: Distinguish between machines with two and one worm gear, piston mechanism and combined action. The force pushing through the next portion of the plastic mass directly depends on this. The choice must be made depending on the starting material and its mechanical properties at different temperatures.
Features of plasticization: A combined or separate process is possible. In the first case, heating is performed during the extrusion process, and in the second, preheating is carried out taking into account the possible sequential cooling.
The number of mold locking mechanisms, also called clamping units: Their number can be any, depending on the pressure injected in the mold. Multi-position models can have a rotary or carousel mechanism, significantly increasing the flexibility of use, increasing the variety of product varieties.
The TPA drive can be based on an electric motor, a hydraulic unit, or a combined hydroelectric or electromechanical scheme. It is necessary to choose according to the convenience of using a certain type of consumed energy carrier, taking into account the future feasibility and profitability in the long term.
- Guangdong machinery and mould association member companies visit Topstar 2021/12/16
- On the first stop of the Alibaba study tour, Zhejiang entrepreneurs visit Topstar 2021/12/16
- Topstar won the “2022 Dongguan City, non-public industrial enterprises (group) contribution award” 2021/12/16
- Topstar (Vietnam) Technology Co.,Ltd Opening Ceremony 2021/12/16
- Air Chillers
- Automation changed engineering
- automation of injection molding robots
- Bench Injection Molding Machine
- Cabinet dryer manufacturers
- Cabinet dryers
- CNC Drilling Machine
- CNC Drilling Machines
- cnc engraving machine manufacturer
- cnc laser cutting machine manufacturer
- CNC Machine for Sale
- CNC Machine Manufacturing
- CNC Machine Tool
- CNC machine tool product
- CNC Machining Center
- CNC wood carving machine
- Cooling system
- Cross-Walking Single Axis Servo Cylinder Robot
- Cross-Walking Single-Axis Servo Cylinder Robot
- Cross-Walking Three-Axis/Five-Axis Servo Driven Robot
- cross-walking three-axis/five-axis servo-driven robot
- Dehumidifier Dryer
- Desktop Injection Molding Machine
- Desktop injection molding machines
- Desktop Molding Machine
- Desktop Plastic Injection Molding Machine
- direct clamp injection molding machine
- Direct clamp injection molding machines
- Drilling Centers
- Drying and dehumidification system
- drying and dehumidifying equipment
- Drying and Dehumidifying System
- drying system
- effective and efficient. Cabinet dryers are also used in other industries where large quantities of material need to be dried
- Feeding And Conveying System
- Five Axis Machine Center
- GMU-600 5-Axis Machining Center
- Granulating & Recycling System
- Honeycomb rotor dehumidifier
- Horizontal Injection Molding Machines
- Horizontal Injection Moulding Machine
- Horizontal Mixer manufacturer
- How The CNC Machine Works
- Industrial robot
- industrial robot parts
- industrial robot supplier
- Industrial robots
- Injection Manipulator
- Injection molding
- Injection molding automation
- Injection Molding Automation Solution
- Injection molding machine
- Injection Molding Machine Factory
- Injection Molding Machine Manufacture
- injection molding machine with a robot
- Injection molding machines
- injection molding plant
- Injection molding robot automation
- Injection Moulding Robots
- Injection Robot
- Injection robot arm
- Introducing Injection Robot
- It is the best choice for drying large quantities of material at once. Cabinetmakers use these machines because they are fast
- large injection molding machine
- Learn what industrial automation and robotics is
- make sure to add some! Improvements (2) Keyphrase in introduction: Your keyphrase or its synonyms appear in the first paragraph of the copy
- micro injection molding machine
- Mini CNC machine manufacturers.
- Mold Temperature Control System
- molding material Dehumidifying System
- New electric injection molding machine
- nitrogen dryer manufacturer
- nitrogen dryer system manufacturer
- Oil type mold temperature controller
- Outbound links: No outbound links appear in this page. Add some! Images: No images appear on this page. Add some! Internal links: No internal links appear in this page
- plastic injection molding
- Plastic injection molding machine
- Plastic Injection Molding Machines
- plastic injection robot
- robot injection molding machine
- robot manufacturing companies
- Robotic arm for injection molding machine
- robotic injection molding machines
- robotics in injection molding
- Service-oriented manufacturing
- Servo Cylinder Robot
- Servo Driven Robots
- servo injection robots
- Servo-Driven Robot
- Setup of injection machine
- Silicone Injection Molding Machine
- Stainless Hopper Dryer
- swing arm robot
- toggle clamp injection molding machine
- Topstar injection molding intelligent
- Topstar Scara Robots
- Useful Injection molding machine
- Vertical machining centers
- x carve CNC