What is manipulator? An Incredibly Useful Machine
2022/04/14 By hqt
Firstly, thread-cutting manipulator is industrial equipment designed for threading with taps and dies, as well as drilling in soft materials.
Depending on the type of drive, threading manipulators are classified into the following types
Pneumatic threading manipulator
Secondly, it is suitable for threading M2-M27 mm. Such manipulators are very popular, because. c cut the main threads. Small dimensions and weight make it easy to place the tool even in a small workplace. Manipulators are easy to connect in a workshop equipped with a compressed air system.
The ability to significantly reduce the cost of operating technological equipment, because “slow” operations for cutting threads of large diameters, from stationary machines with a high cost of machine-hours, are moving to “faster” and more productive thread-cutting manipulators;
Thread-cutting electric manipulator
As well as, manipulator is suitable for workshops where there is no compressed air and there is a need for large diameter threading, up to M60. Also, the advantages include fully programmable threading parameters, including forward and reverse rotation speed, thread pitch and depth, which is comparable in quality and functionality to CNC threading machines.
Hydraulic threading machine manipulator
Their power is higher than that of manipulators with pneumatic drive. Thread diameter – 3-60 mm. It is also reducing the duration of the processing period of one part; reduction of breakages of taps; the ability to cut threads strictly at the required angle; parallelism of threaded holes to the working plane.
Furthermore, manipulator is effective pantograph system of the parallelogram arm during movement ensures that the desired position of the drive axis is maintained; high quality cutting of most sizes and types of threads when using one model of a manipulator with quick-change adapters; versatility of the manipulator: it can also be used for countersinking,
Main advantages of the robot manipulator
The main advantages of the robot manipulator are operational readiness, which is close to 100%, high repeatability of movements and accuracy when moving work pieces. Manipulator robots are reliable and automatically make production more economical.
The reliability of the work piece loading process ensures by a robotic system that turns any CNC machine into a highly efficient machining center, helping to create an optimally organized production site at a woodworking plant or furniture factory.
- Moving of preparations in various conditions, at the various organization of places of storage, with alignment and turn
- Additional functions are possible, such as determining the position of the work pieces or cleaning them
- Work with different materials
- Manipulator has high speed operation
- Reduction of physical loads of operators
- High operational readiness reduces the number and downtime and improves product quality
- Robot with 5 or 6 axes as the central element of the manipulator machining section
- Simple and intuitive control thanks to the integration of the robot manipulator in the control system of the production site and the visualization of processes in CNC machining centers
- Production of new products does not require complex adjustment as movements of the robot manipulator adapt to the sizes of preparations automatically
- It is possible to use a barcode scanner
- Efficiency due to the use of electricity only directly at the time of movement of the work pieces
INDUSTRIAL ROBOT MANIPULATOR
Furthermore, modern processing equipment divides into three main classes. The first, most numerous and representative class is CNC machines. The second, – production complexes based on programmable logic controllers (PLC).
The third – the least numerous, but the most dynamically developing class – robotic technological complexes (RTC), made on the basis of industrial robotic manipulator. At the same time, the technical characteristics of modern industrial robots have reached such values.
They already allow them to be used in such technological operations that were previously performed exclusively using CNC machines. Using these capabilities, Cook Robotics was the first manufacturer of industrial robots to develop its concept of using industrial robots in applications traditionally considered the preserve of manipulator machine tools.
Industries where robot-based machining centers are currently being successfully used:
- Aerospace industry: drilling, cutting, riveting, laying layers of tape materials.
- Foundry: sprue and riser cutting, milling, debarring.
- Woodworking: drilling, milling, sawing, edging, polishing.
- Stone processing: milling, sawing, grinding, polishing.
- Modeling: milling, drilling.
- Metalworking: cutting, milling, drilling, sawing.
The robot control system understands the CNC codes
An essential distinguishing feature of such RTKs is that it is not necessary to know the programming language of robots to develop control programs (in the case of Top star, this is the KRL language.
At present, due to the prevalence of manipulator systems, a huge technological experience has been gained in using 5-axis machines in the above applications, there are a significant number of software packages for various technological applications.
However, the ability of Top star manipulator robots to work with these programs greatly facilitates the development of new RTK capabilities for operators and technologists, turning the robot, from the point of view of an operator or a programmer-technologist, in fact into a CNC machine.
Industrial robotic arms provide an additional number of advantages
- The robot replaces the machine: a full set of commands; standard functions G, M, S, T, L; additional functions and commands; combination of CNC with robot sensors.
- Large working area: cheaper compared to most machines; high degree of freedom; installation flexibility; requires little space for placement.
- Ease of use: direct interface with CAD/CAM systems; execution of G-codes, no need to train CNC operators; copying programs.
- High accuracy: the controller reads a large number of points ahead; spline interpolation; various compensation modules.
CNC machines bases on coordinate tables
Most often, these are portal machines with 2, 3 degrees of freedom, less often 5 and designed for various types of cutting, such as laser, plasma, water jet or gas. And even here, robots are already finding use in sheet metal work, providing their owners with a number of obvious advantages.
Eventually, a number of research and production companies in Russia began to develop and offer manipulator machines for sheet processing based on robots that “understand” conventional CNC programs.
Compared to traditionally used 5-axis systems based on coordinate tables, installations made using robotic manipulators, at comparable, and sometimes lower prices, have more opportunities.
Finally, a wide range of industrial manipulator robots allows you to select the optimal configuration of water jet, laser, and plasma cutting systems in terms of specific technological requirements of the customer and minimize the cost.
The presence of a wide range of proven models of device – positioners, coordinated working together with robots, can significantly expand the scope of robotic cutting systems, including spatial cutting of pipelines.
- Wu Fengli, Chairman of Topstar, won the honorary title of “Outstanding Dongguan Businessman” 2022/04/14
- The “Nobel Prize” in robotics! Topstar won the Capek Industrial Robotics Annual Value Brand Award￼ 2022/04/14
- One minute quick look at Topstar’s semi-annual financial performance report for 2022 2022/04/14
- Star Club – Embrace the trend of high-end equipment localization substitution, and build the Shangdong&Guangdong mold industry ecosystem together￼ 2022/04/14
- Cabinet dryer manufacturers
- cnc engraving machine manufacturer
- cnc laser cutting machine manufacturer
- CNC Machine Tool
- Honeycomb rotor dehumidifier
- Horizontal Mixer manufacturer
- Mini CNC machine manufacturers.
- nitrogen dryer manufacturer
- nitrogen dryer system manufacturer
- Oil type mold temperature controller
- x carve CNC