The Ultimate DIY Guide to Cabinet Dryer 2022￼
2022/05/11 By LZ
Firstly, cabinet drying is an important stage in preparing raw materials for processing. Thermoplastic polymers are hygroscopic. Secondly, they tend to absorb moisture from the surrounding air, which ultimately affects the quality of molded plastic products.
All cabinet dryer models are equipped with
- fans supplying heated air
- timers for automatic start
- temperature controllers and thermostats that protect the device from overheating
- air filters and magnetic separators for cleaning the outgoing air;
Moreover, management exercises through the microprocessor with the digital display. Eventually, the parameters are set individually for each polymer: air flow rate, temperature, and drying time.
The unit comes with dust and metal-trapping devices at the customer’s request.
Further, HHD cabinet dryers are characterized by low maintenance costs and high efficiency.
What is it, and how it works?
Cabinet dryer for polymer designs for drying crushed or granulated raw materials.
As well as it consists of a cylindrical container with a cone-shaped base. Further, the hoppers come with a lid and sight glass. The cylindrical shape of the hopper ensures the uniformity of the airflow and the free movement of the granules inside the unit, Ensuring quality drying of the material.
Subsequently, the dryer installs directly on the mouth of the extruder or injection molding machine, thereby saving space. It is easy to place on a movable frame next to the processing machine.
The plastic granulate loads into the machine from above. From below, the air is heated in heater supplies, which removes moisture from the surface of the granules.
The main components of the Cabinet dryer are made of high-quality stainless steel.
In addition, the air stream that passes through the cabinet dryer cleans off the dust, is removed to the outside, or enters the refrigerator, where the moisture condenses. The cooled air enters the heater again for heating and returns to the recycle.
Dry granules are moved to an injection molding machine or extruder for further processing. Simultaneously with unloading the dried granulate, a new portion of the raw material loads into the upper part of the device manually or using a vacuum loader.
As well as the hopper and all the main components are made of high-quality stainless steel, which prevents contamination of the original product, ensuring a long service life for the machine.
The moisture content of the polymer raw material can lead to the following consequences
decrease in physical and mechanical parameters clouding or discoloration of the plastic;
decrease in strength
the formation of voids and pores
Foaming during casting.
The air temperature during drying should not exceed 70-80°C to avoid damage to the structure of the polymers.
Main technical characteristics
Furthermore, the cabinet dryer for polymers characterizes by high efficiency, minimal power consumption, fast drying, and easy operation.
the diameter of the granules of the loading raw material is from two to five millimeters
power of heating elements – from 2.1 to 27 kW
fan power 100-750 W
weight of drying units from 30 to 300 kilograms
Device capacity – from 12 to 600 kilograms.
Maintenance costs for cabinet dryers are minimal.
As well as, when using dried polymer granules, the injection of molten raw materials into molds increases.
Varieties and models
Bunker dryers for polymer raw materials can be continuous or cyclic.
Models differ in drying technology:
Drying with hot air through desiccants built into the unit
Furthermore, the air takes moisture from the polymer raw materials, passes through regenerating filters, gets rid of water, and leaves for the next cycle. Cabinet dryers operate on the principle of convection. In addition, it’s effective for removing surface moisture, economical, and easy to use. Not suitable for polymers with internal humidity.
Cabinet drying with compressed air absorbs moisture from the material as it expands inside the hopper. Eventually, compressed air, pre-dried and heated to the required temperature, is supplied to the bunker. Outgoing air, together with moisture, removes outside.
Compressed air absorbs moisture from raw materials more efficiently than uncompressed air. Compact air treatment is suitable for material preparation with high-quality requirements.
Drying with heated air
Thirdly, this method is the least effective since air from the room may have high humidity. Eventually, heated and saturated with moisture air, passing through polymer granules, is thrown into the room.
This increases the humidity and temperature of the environment. Significant heat losses lead to inefficient energy consumption. The cabinet dryer technology is suitable for polymers with low drying quality requirements.
According to the method of heat supply
convection, when drying, occurs with a stream of preheated air
contact – the material dries from contact with a heated surface
Infrared dryers are suitable for non-flowing polymeric materials (flakes extruded or shredded plastic).
The most popular models on the market
- Resin Cabinet dryers
Secondly, it is one of the most efficient and economic models for plastic raw materials. Cabinet drying with hot air allows processing from 12 to 1000 kilograms of polymer granules.
- Hopper-dryer for polymers
The volume of processed material is from 12 to 300 kilograms. Drying takes place with hot air.
Models with the “M” index are additionally equipped with a magnetic base, those with the “T” index train with a 24-hour timer, and those with the “I” index have a thermally insulated case.
- Cabinet dryer with PDD desiccant
Moreover, it makes in the form of a monoblock of a drying device and a desiccant with a built-in heater. The closed cycle of drying allows for achieving high-quality raw materials.
When choosing drying units, it is worth considering
- bunker capacity
- drying time and temperature
- Type of polymer raw material.
If the Cabinet dryer is not equipped with such a function, a dust collector should order additionally.
Hopper dryer – technological advantages
Their development combines innovative design approaches and traditional design solutions. At the production stage, highly automated equipment and modern conveyor lines use. Using high-tech materials is essential in improving the technical characteristics of bunker dryers.
Multi-stage quality control of the manufactured equipment guarantees a high level of these products. Each cabinet dryer has several advantages:
- high technical characteristics;
- reliable, durable, and ergonomic design;
- increased productivity;
- ease and convenience in operation;
- the presence of protective automation;
- ease of installation, connection, and maintenance;
- low noise;
- Balanced ratio of cost and quality.
Lastly, when buying a cabinet dryer, you should pay attention to the presence of a cyclone dust collector, which prevents granules or dust from blowing out through the ventilation pipe of the machine.
- Topstar helps Chinese companies to build factories overseas 2022/05/11
- The inauguration ceremony of Small and Micro Enterprises Working Committee of Dongguan Federation of Industry and Commerce was successfully held in Topstar￼ 2022/05/11
- Topstar helps Yiheda to build an injection molding factory and achieve intensive production 2022/05/11
- Dongguan Equipment Manufacturing Supply Chain Cooperation Matchmaking Meeting Successfully Held￼ 2022/05/11
- Automation changed engineering
- automation of injection molding robots
- Bench Injection Molding Machine
- Cabinet dryer manufacturers
- cnc engraving machine manufacturer
- cnc laser cutting machine manufacturer
- CNC Machine Tool
- CNC machine tool product
- Desktop Injection Molding Machine
- Desktop injection molding machines
- Desktop Molding Machine
- drying system
- GMU-600 5-Axis Machining Center
- Honeycomb rotor dehumidifier
- Horizontal Injection Moulding Machine
- Horizontal Mixer manufacturer
- How The CNC Machine Works
- industrial robot parts
- industrial robot supplier
- Industrial robots
- Injection molding automation
- Injection Molding Automation Solution
- Injection molding machine
- Injection Molding Machine Manufacture
- Injection molding machines
- injection molding plant
- Injection Moulding Robots
- Injection Robot
- Injection robot arm
- Introducing Injection Robot
- Learn what industrial automation and robotics is
- make sure to add some! Improvements (2) Keyphrase in introduction: Your keyphrase or its synonyms appear in the first paragraph of the copy
- micro injection molding machine
- Mini CNC machine manufacturers.
- molding material Dehumidifying System
- New electric injection molding machine
- nitrogen dryer manufacturer
- nitrogen dryer system manufacturer
- Oil type mold temperature controller
- Outbound links: No outbound links appear in this page. Add some! Images: No images appear on this page. Add some! Internal links: No internal links appear in this page
- plastic injection molding
- Plastic injection molding machine
- plastic injection robot
- robot injection molding machine
- robot manufacturing companies
- Robotic arm for injection molding machine
- robotics in injection molding
- Service-oriented manufacturing
- Setup of injection machine
- Topstar injection molding intelligent
- Topstar Scara Robots
- x carve CNC