Understand the setting method of the injection molding machine
2023/03/04 By LZ
Understand the setting method of the injection molding machine
Injection molding uses a mold to inject plastic into it, heating and to cool it down. Injection molding machines are used in this process. To set the parameters of an injection molding machine, you need to understand the following:
How to set the mold temperature
The mold temperature is a critical parameter in injection molding. The temperature of the mold should be set according to the material of the part and the size of the region. It must be adjusted according to the material and size of the elements. Otherwise, there will be bubbles in products.
Injection molding is a process that uses injection molding machines to create plastic parts from raw materials. Injection molding machines, also called injection or blow molders. Use fast-flowing hot plastic called melt to form a piece with two halves joined together as it cools.
Set the injection pressure.
Injection pressure is the most critical parameter in injection molding. If the injection pressure is too low, the material will not flow properly, and it may be challenging to fill out the cavity completely. In addition, low injection pressure can cause defects such as cracks in parts or poor surface finish. On the other hand, if you set excessive injection pressure (high). It will cause the material to flow too quickly, which may lead to deformation and warping problems.
In addition, high injection pressure can cause air bubbles in the material, leading to poor-quality parts. Finally, if you do not have enough clamping force on the mold during the injection molding cycle. It may result in a poor surface finish and warpage.
Set the injection speed.
The molding machine sets the injection speed and determines how fast plastic flows into the mold cavity. If you select this too high, the material will flow out of control and cause defects such as sink marks or pinholes in your part. On the other hand, if you set this lower than necessary for your material and mold design, there may be insufficient melt pressure within the cavity to fill all areas of your part. The best way to determine what injection speed is appropriate for a particular job is by trial-and-error testing with different settings until you consistently find one that produces good results.
If you’re new to injection molding, starting with a low injection speed is best, and gradually increasing it until you see defects. Once you cante these defects by increasing the injection speed, use this setting as your standard operating point for that particular material and mold design.
Set the cycle time
The cycle time is the total time required to complete an injection molding cycle. It is measured from the start of the injection to the end of the ejection and includes all other phases, like pre-heating, holding, and cooling. The shorter your cycle time, the faster you can produce parts.
Speed and cycle time are essential factors in determining the productivity of an injection molding machine. Both can be improved using a faster-curing resin. Such as one with a higher glass transition temperature or adjusting your mold to increase the resin flow rate into your cavity.
Achieve good quality and reduce costs.
Setting up the injection molding machine is essential for achieving good quality and reducing costs. To accomplish this, you need to understand these parameters:
Mold temperature is set according to the material used and its extrusion temperature; if it’s too high or low, there will be distortion or cracking problems. The general rule is that if you use PETG (polyethylene terephthalate), you should use a temperature between 210-230 degrees Celsius. Suppose you use ABS (acrylonitrile butadiene styrene) or POM (polyoxymethylene). Use a temperature between 180-200 degrees Celsius; if it’s PC/ABS plastic, then go for 170-180 degrees Celsius.
Injection pressure must be high enough so that no air bubbles form inside the mold during the injection. Injection speed–if it’s too fast, there might be some defects on part surfaces after cooling down due to insufficient time for solidification inside molds. However, injection time may increase if it’s too slow, leading us back to growing costs!
- Topstar 2023 first overseas exhibition at PlastIndia 2023/03/04
- Topstar helps Chinese companies to build factories overseas 2023/03/04
- The inauguration ceremony of Small and Micro Enterprises Working Committee of Dongguan Federation of Industry and Commerce was successfully held in Topstar￼ 2023/03/04
- Topstar helps Yiheda to build an injection molding factory and achieve intensive production 2023/03/04
- Automation changed engineering
- automation of injection molding robots
- Bench Injection Molding Machine
- Cabinet dryer manufacturers
- cnc engraving machine manufacturer
- cnc laser cutting machine manufacturer
- CNC Machine Manufacturing
- CNC Machine Tool
- CNC machine tool product
- Desktop Injection Molding Machine
- Desktop injection molding machines
- Desktop Molding Machine
- drying and dehumidifying equipment
- drying system
- GMU-600 5-Axis Machining Center
- Honeycomb rotor dehumidifier
- Horizontal Injection Molding Machines
- Horizontal Injection Moulding Machine
- Horizontal Mixer manufacturer
- How The CNC Machine Works
- Industrial robot
- industrial robot parts
- industrial robot supplier
- Industrial robots
- Injection molding
- Injection molding automation
- Injection Molding Automation Solution
- Injection molding machine
- Injection Molding Machine Factory
- Injection Molding Machine Manufacture
- injection molding machine with a robot
- Injection molding machines
- injection molding plant
- Injection molding robot automation
- Injection Moulding Robots
- Injection Robot
- Injection robot arm
- Introducing Injection Robot
- large injection molding machine
- Learn what industrial automation and robotics is
- make sure to add some! Improvements (2) Keyphrase in introduction: Your keyphrase or its synonyms appear in the first paragraph of the copy
- micro injection molding machine
- Mini CNC machine manufacturers.
- molding material Dehumidifying System
- New electric injection molding machine
- nitrogen dryer manufacturer
- nitrogen dryer system manufacturer
- Oil type mold temperature controller
- Outbound links: No outbound links appear in this page. Add some! Images: No images appear on this page. Add some! Internal links: No internal links appear in this page
- plastic injection molding
- Plastic injection molding machine
- plastic injection robot
- robot injection molding machine
- robot manufacturing companies
- Robotic arm for injection molding machine
- robotic injection molding machines
- robotics in injection molding
- Service-oriented manufacturing
- servo injection robots
- Setup of injection machine
- Silicone Injection Molding Machine
- Topstar injection molding intelligent
- Topstar Scara Robots
- Useful Injection molding machine
- x carve CNC